DESIGN: This is an elevated version of the classic hook and ring game with the added bonus of a bottle opener and a magnetic bottle cap catch. This beautiful design is made with 9 pieces of solid wood bonded together to create this stunning “Beach Stripe” design. Each board has a unique flair to it because of the natural grain of the different woods.
We have this game in a different shape too. Our Hook and Ring standard game has a darker finish and a longer rectangle shape.
HOOK AND RING GAME: Some people call this Hook and Ring game by other names like Bimini Ring, Ring Toss or Ring on a String. This addictive game is simple in concept but requires some skills to master. To play, just stand back and swing the ring. Get the ring to stick onto the hook and you score a point. Each player takes turns swinging the ring 10 times and the first player to reach the pre-determined point value wins the game.
ADDED BONUS: This Hook and Ring game has a built-in bottle opener and a unique magnetic bottle cap catch. When you open your bottle, the cap will fall and stick to the neodymium-magnet that is embedded inside the wood directly underneath the bottle opener. The bottle cap catch will hold OVER 24 bottle caps and it will be the focal point of this unique and exciting game.
- Wooden base (12” x 6.75" x .75”) with build-in neodymium magnet
- 1 Steel bottle opener (Mounted to base)
- 2” Steel Ring with 8’ of nylon string
- 3.5” Steel hook
- 1.5” Eye hook screw
- 2 Mounting screws
- Assembly and mounting instructions
How To Play:
- The Hook and Ring game is easy to play and can be played by any number of players. Each player will swing the ring 10 times scoring a point for each time the ring sticks onto the hook. Take turns swinging the ring and the first player to 21 points wind.
- Setup of the Hook and Ring game: Setup is pretty easy, just mount the game board onto the wall with the hook measuring around 4’ from the ground. Next mount the eye hook into the ceiling at around 4-5’ from the wall. Then take the ring and place it on the hook and tie the strong the eye hook leaving just a bit of slack in the string. You will need to adjust the string as needed in order to get the correct length. The game gets more difficult the longer the string is, so if you find the game is too difficult or your ceilings are high, you may need to move the eye hook closer to the game board or you might even have to adjust the height the game board based on your ceiling height.
- The traditional game of Hook and Ring, Bimini Ring and Ring the Bull has many variations of rules mostly based on geographic location. Try a quick Google search to find out other ways to play this classic game.
This Hook and Ring game has a beautiful beach stripe design and a built-in bottle opener and a unique magnetic bottle cap catch.